• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

I am disappointed...

Are you disappointed?

• Yes

Votes: 79 84.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I didn't read this thread

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I would like to apologize for my previous reply to Kat's post. The last part was completely unnecessary. I edited it out. I obviously disagree, but I did not need to say that to make my point.

Reactions: Kat

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
If you want to be technical about it, yes, my NDA expired when I quit, which means I'm technically free to say whatever I want. That doesn't change the fact that I don't particularly want to say much more at this point in time. Maybe another time.
Oh, that makes more sense, yeah. I was sort of questioning how/why you may be limited still haha.

Thanks for clarifying that, I hope you share more down the road at some point, maybe if there is an official closing announcement, that could be a good time. You're still pretty much one of the most respected people in this community so I'm sure it'd be a great treat for everyone to know how you feel on the situation, and maybe give us a little more insight (not that you should have to, but since we're missing a leader, you're the next option).

Thanks for still sticking around in this community some Ava. :D

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, that makes more sense, yeah. I was sort of questioning how/why you may be limited still haha.

Thanks for clarifying that, I hope you share more down the road at some point, maybe if there is an official closing announcement, that could be a good time. You're still pretty much one of the most respected people in this community so I'm sure it'd be a great treat for everyone to know how you feel on the situation, and maybe give us a little more insight (not that you should have to, but since we're missing a leader, you're the next option).

Thanks for still sticking around in this community some Ava. :D
It's also worth noting that even after termination of the agreement, it's still probably illegal to disclose information obtained when I was an active employee... so I doubt I'll be commenting further on the matter.

Swoopz

Career
Reaction score
It would be irresponsible of me to give much of an opinion on the matters at hand and of my superiors or any actions taken by other staff members, but I do want to say one thing. I know that these are dire times. I know that most of us are upset by the series of events. Things could have gone much better; there's no doubt about it. The truth of the matter is that the reasonings behind the server being down is actually much different that what I've seen anyone suspect.

I'm not sure when/if the servers will be coming back online. No one does. When I say no one, I mean no one. We will just have to see what happens. Until then, let's not create rumors. Let's not point fingers. Let's not make any more negativity than already exists. You all have the right to be angry. You all have the right to be disappointed. Several of you have stated that you have started to hate others and that you're shocked that some people don't hold this same hate. I want to say that this is... ridiculous. You hate someone, because they couldn't uphold a Minecraft server? I know that this place is important to all of us. I've been here over 4 years myself. I don't care if I've been here 100 years. There is no reason to hate anyone.

Someone wrote a very disgusting message on my wall yesterday. I made a comment regarding those that are in danger of this incoming hurricane along the southeastern coast of the United States. The one that has already ravaged Haiti and other Caribbean nations. An individual took this comment and used it as a way to complain about the network's state. How wrong it is to make such an action; to take advantage of those that may lose their lives. I've since DM'd this individual. I am waiting for a response and I would appreciate an apology on behalf of all those that have already suffered and will soon suffer. Now, that's the only one I've seen so drastic, but many people are taking this way out of hand. I know that people are upset, but there's no need for all of the drama. There are so many of you that tried to shame Kat for posting a positive message. Why? Why try to tear down someone else's hope? That's so childish. I'm not going to sugar coat that. Let someone else have their hope. Let them share it. Trying to take someone's hope away from them is no better than the people you're trying to shame for taking this server away from you.

I respect so highly all of your opinions and heart felt statements about the network. It's clear that you all love this place so much. It's very wonderful. Let's not disgrace its memory with such unbecoming attitudes and statements. To those of you that have handled this matter respectfully and maturely, I thank you. It means a lot to the staff team. I hope that everyone can find some solace during this time with the realization that so many of you are coming together to make such a valid statement. It shows what this community has built out of nothing over the past 4 years. Hope is fleeting, but the love is not.

Can I just say, what on earth is optimism going to do in a situation like this. Sure it's nice to have someone believe and all but it does nothing . It doesn't get the server back, it doesn't get Chad to be more active, and certainly doesn't fix the problem. And the way you spoke to Paul earlier is very childish. You said he's a "negative person" Woah woah. We're talking about a minecraft server here. And you saying whether he is a negative person overall because he doesn't believe in optimism in this minecraft situation is a very rash statement. And we never said she couldn't believe in this server that is up to her, and us as individuals can not her change her opinion. Anyway, this is pointless just wanted to get my OPINION across. Don't bother responding/please don't.

Reaction score
Can I just say, what on earth is optimism going to do in a situation like this. Sure it's nice to have someone believe and all but it does nothing . It doesn't get the server back, it doesn't get Chad to be more active, and certainly doesn't fix the problem. And the way you spoke to Paul earlier is very childish. You said he's a "negative person" Woah woah. We're talking about a minecraft server here. And you saying whether he is a negative person overall because he doesn't believe in optimism in this minecraft situation is a very rash statement. And we never said she couldn't believe in this server that is up to her, and us as individuals can not her change her opinion. Anyway, this is pointless just wanted to get my OPINION across. Don't bother responding/please don't.
I hate when people devalue other peoples thoughts and opinions just because this is a Minecraft server

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
In this specific scenario, you may be right. Optimism may not fix the problem at hand. However, that wasn't my point. I stared very clearly that no one knows when/if the issue will be fixed, nor do they know how. There are currently 5 people in total that have a complete understanding of the situation.

My actual point in my statement was that the hate that is being spread as a result of the matter is nonsense. I stated how people saying that hate others because of this issue is absurd. I stated that people trying to take Kat's hope away was childish. It seems to me as if you took the wrong message out of my post.

As for my reaction to Paul. This is an individual that has trolled our forums for several months now. I'm not going to share another player's punishment information, but they player is currently banned on the forums as you can see. I've known this individual's actions since their joining of the forums and my comment on his/her negativity was a general statement from everything I've seen and still well founded in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci