• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

HOW to play the Survival Games for Newcomers!

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
HELLO EVERYBODY!
I'm aware this could have been done before, but I'm here to give a complete guide on how to play the Survival games for anyone who has absolutely no experience. I'm here to save you from spending your first 20 games wandering aimlessly around the map not knowing what to do or how to do it!
1. Congratulations. You've managed to join a server! Now what? Well. If you've joined servers 1-49 for US and EU, or 1-24 for CA and AU, you're now in the LOBBY. On these servers the lobby period will last for 3 minutes, and has a total of 24 slots, meaning up to 24 people can join to participate in the Survival Games, along with yourself. (If you have joined the last server for each region, 50 for US and EU, or 25 for AU and CA, there are 48 slots and the lobby lasts for 5 minutes) Now, in the lobby, there are various things to do, but most importantly, you can VOTE. To vote, simply type /v (number, 1-5). When the selection comes up, it will show a list of all the maps you can vote for! When you're new and don't know what any of these maps mean, just choose one thats name appeals to you, because the name normally portrays what the map is like. (E.G, Valleyside UNIVERSITY, Breeze ISLAND) If you don't want to choose any of these maps, you can simply type /skip. This will put your vote towards skipping the current selections for a new choice list! Note, that you can NOT vote for a map AND skip. If you are suddenly kicked from the server with the message "Kicked so a player of a higher rank can play" that means that you were in the last slot of the server without a donator, and the donors have higher priority over you since they have payed. If you don't receive that message, you were probably being a Feminine Hygene Product.​
2. You're out of the lobby now, and you're in the Survival Games! But wait up, don't rush! Now you need to wait 30 seconds before the game actually starts. In this time, you will be positioned on your podium and will have a nice view of the surrounding area. At this point you can choose if you want to run to the middle, and have a chance at the good loot that is there, or if you don't want to risk it, and want to run off somewhere else, to try and find chests there. If you've chosen to go to the cornucopia, which I highly recommend, when the games have begun, sprint and jump towards the cornucopia. Don't delay, open a chest and grab the loot as fast as you can, because there's likely other people trying to snag the same stuff, and of course you want it! Don't be dis-heartened if you don't manage to get anything, in each map there's usually 100+ chests hidden around the place, so you can still grab some of those!​
3. Now you need to find some more chests. If from the middle you can't see any significant landmarks, just run off in any direction. If you can see something, you should probably head there, since it has a good chance of you finding loot! Things to look out for when you're running through the map are places like buildings, towns, mountains, etc. Sometimes you can find a chest sneakily hidden behind a random tree, so always stay alert! So, say you've just found a chest. Now go open it, and see what waits inside! There are TWO different types of chest currently- Tier 1 and Tier 2. A Tier 1 chest contains basic loot- You can find leather armour, stone/wooden swords/axes, gold, iron, and some raw food. To grab loot fast, hold shift and click the item you want to take. This will automatically send it in to your inventory. Time is of the essence in the Survival Games and you want to be quick! If you've gotten armour, put that on, and if you've got a sword, hold it in your hand, so you're ready for attackers! Say you've found a Tier 2 chest though- you're very lucky! Tier 2 chests are harder to find, and contain MUCH better gear. You can find Gold/Chain/Iron armour, Diamonds, Cooked Food, and many other useful things! PROTIP- When you find a chest, note its location and how you got there. Eventually you can compile a CHEST ROUTE. When you've gotten a chest route, whenever you play that same map, you can always run that direction and ensure you get some good stuff! The ideal chest route contains a healthy number of Tier 1's- (5, 10) and ideally 2-4 Tier 2 chests.​
4. Wow, so you've gotten some decent armour, a stone sword, and some food? You're doing well! Now, you want to go HUNT. If you're not too good at PvP, pick out easy targets, preferably people with less armour than you and a worse weapon. You'll hopefully be able to kill them, and see if they had anything useful! PROTIP- Don't stockpile leather armour thinking "Oh, I best take it so no one else does." If you've managed to kill someone in that leather armour, the person who finds it and puts it on won't be too hard of a task either. Now, say, you check your inventory, and viola, you see you have the materials needed to craft an iron sword! You probably now want to find the nearest crafting table. This can be a hard task on some maps, where they're limited to give you the extra challenge (SG1, SG2, etc.) But on some maps they're used as decoration quite commonly. Generally you want to head in the direction of the cornucopia, if you remember where that is, or if you have a compass, it will always point there! So, once you've made your way to the middle, be cautious that there's no one around, and check your back and the surroundings before entering the crafting table. Now, you can craft your sword!​
5. You're surviving well, you may have killed some more people and upgraded your armour further, but now the sun is setting. At the stroke of midnight, the chests all over the map re-stock, and you can get more and more loot! The best place to be when this happens is the cornucopia, so if you're not there, you want to get there. BE CAREFUL- The cornucopia is extremely popular at night and chances are you'll meet someone there. If it comes down to it, you're going to have a fight on your hands. Sometimes there's even a team there, and in this scenario, unless you're good at PvP you don't stand much of a chance. But say you've taken control of the cornucopia and the refill comes! Now, you've got 8 TIER 2's right in front of you! Take all the useful loot you need and chuck away all that you don't, and now you're good to go again! Sometimes after the refill, if you had a diamond you can make the fabled DIAMOND SWORD. This sword does 2.5 hearts on a fully armoured player per hit, giving you an extreme advantage in combat! If you save up enough diamonds, however, you may even be able to make a piece of DIAMOND ARMOUR. These range from 1/2 an armour bar to 1 armour bar better than any piece of iron armour, so if you can craft these, you're very lucky!​
6. So you're in the final 3, and the DEATHMATCH is starting. The deathmatch is when the final 3 players (or however many players there are when the time limit exceeds) get teleported back to the cornucopia for the final fight! You've got 60 seconds to prepare yourself for this, and it's going to get tense! The deathmatch lasts for 3 minutes, and in this time you are confined to the cornucopia area. Do not attempt to leave this area, however, because if you do, you will be hit by lighting! Fight strong in the deathmatch, and if you loose, it's a good game and you've done well, but if you happen to WIN...
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE WON THE SURVIVAL GAMES!
This is no easy task, and you've got your first win on your records, which can be checked in the leaderboards section of the forums.
cube's pro tips-
1. Organise your inventory, and get rid of useless items. If you're being chased, the last thing you want to happen is kill someone, and have to sort through their loot while your pursuer attacks you! Keeping your inventory clean can save your life, and it's worth the time. I usually keep my sword in slot 1, my bow in slot 2, flint 'n steel in slot 3, fishing rod in slot 4, and dedicate the rest to food.

2. Jump in PvP. Jumping in PvP can give your critical hits, which add an extra heart of damage to the hit you land on your foe. You can also strafe around them while jumping, and jump off of things behind them to confuse them.

3. Use Flint 'n Steel! It's one of the best weapons, slowing your foe down and damaging them, allowing you time to either regenerate, or strike the finishing blows!

4. Craft arrows! The more arrows the better, and they're fairly easy to get as of MCSGv2. You can use them to take out foes from a distance, or finish them off in a water fight!

5. Be on guard. Be alert to every sound, everything you think is a footstep. The worst thing is to be snuck up on, giving your opponent valuable hits on you to increase their chances of winning greatly! Always check around you before eating, too, because this is when a pursuer will strike from the trees.

6. Stealth! As I just said, getting stealthy advantages are the best, and killing your foe when they're in a chest after you've been stalking them for minutes is the easiest way to take down someone with better gear!

gianteye123

Diamond
Reaction score
Hahahaha, But nice tips useful 4 some new players and the tips at the end are useful for experienced players!

gianteye123

Diamond
Reaction score
But it is still funny, it makes someone laugh and makes someone cry, therefore nobody was harmed in the process of that comment.

gianteye123

Diamond
Reaction score
Young one 150 wins is when ur out of the nappy zone, Which build team?

Walrus_4lyf

Experienced
Reaction score
Young one 150 wins is when ur out of the nappy zone, Which build team?
dood you've had 3 more days game time then me. think about it i'm processing faster then you. Also you used to hack and don't say you didn't as i found nodus in your bin. These "hacks" would of made up 75% of your wins. Wait you say i hack? i have recorded everygame as Walrus. Yes i will admit Ninja hacked and i got banned for a week. I made a new account to start clean. This is how the Walrus was born.

gianteye123

Diamond
Reaction score
Me hacking , u told me that u had a video of artistic buffalo getting back shotted by me, u told me it was a troll, second gazzalinkho checked my bin not u, he said i didn't hack i never have, u've never even seen my bin. U should really stop accusing people of hacking since u are now hated over the mcsg community, I really don't care what u think about me because ik that i dont hack
PS: i cant tell u who hates u
Now shut up and get of the internet
Yesterday u got angry at me because i killed u when u said no team. U kicked me out of a clan i didn't want 2 be in , your trying 2 get revenge.

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
dood you've had 3 more days game time then me. think about it i'm processing faster then you. Also you used to hack and don't say you didn't as i found nodus in your bin. These "hacks" would of made up 75% of your wins. Wait you say i hack? i have recorded everygame as Walrus. Yes i will admit Ninja hacked and i got banned for a week. I made a new account to start clean. This is how the Walrus was born.
hayhayhay. please calm it down, no need to fight or make any accusations.
i feel as though i'm out of the noob section with 103 wins.
oh btw I'm in the Build Team Now ;)
Nope, the world is moving up and around 300 is out of the noob zone. :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci