• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

HOW DO I GET GOOD WITH A BOW!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_

Survivor
Reaction score
Join FaZe :p

More serious now. One thing I will definitely suggest would be pre-aiming. Predict on where the person is going to go.

Goodluck with it all!

Jorrdan

Survivor
Reaction score
Most important thing is to only shoot at distances you comfortable with. Also practice judging your opponents move or strafe pattern. Lastly just practice, as you can only keep getting better! Good luck Silver :D

Braian

Survivor
Reaction score
I would say I'm decent in Minecraft archery! Know the common strafes, the more you pay attention to how your opponent dodges your shots the easier it will be to land the arrow. but hey, we all miss. 100% accuracy doesn't exist!

SUPERVIP101

Platinum
Reaction score
For starters I'm a bow users,

What I tend to do is obviously like you have, keep your FOV on normal. Second
of all, with most weapons in most games (excluding COD) with a sniper you would
predict your target's movement and/or pattern of movement. Furthermore you have to know your weapon's velocity (Time it takes to reach your target) and drop off point (Where and when your projectile descends).

For bows, you would find this out your self via experience. The tip is to aim AHEAD of your target. The obvious reason for this is that your target will move directly into the projectile (aka the arrow) so what I'm saying is you must always predict your target's movement c:

Some other tips:
-If a player is running towards you, at least from 10-15 blocks away, use your bow to slow 'em down. Anything less, you're looking to be strafed thus ending you up being in a sticky situation (either low hearts, or death.).

-Another thing that players tend to do when using bows is jump from left to right when firing back, the obvious thing is to do the opposite when firing. Fire in the direct that they're moving away from however you're going to have to time it right. They will end up moving into your arrow if you do this right :p

-When escaping arrow fire, make sure you're being predictive. For example: Dance around, run in random directions, generally trying to avoid walking in a strait line or a predictive pattern.

-Humble hit boxes. You'll tend to find that players will try hide behind 2 block high or some kind of defense. IF they're on the edge of that block (Let's say to the right side of a 4x2 barricade) then simply instead of trying to fire over the top, try fire to the side a little. You may end up hitting the player's hit box. Another thing to do is when using bows and firing across from each other (Let's say SG: Shore at spawn) you can fire just before you get out cover. Players tend to thing they need to get competently out of cover in order to hit you however they will keep moving out in order to do so, thus your arrow that travels past the cover you're hiding behind will hit the player walking out of cover. (Sorry if that sounds complicated, it's just what I do in PVP :p )

Maybe someday if we get a private server or some MCSG game, I'll show you ;D
Hope this helps!!

-Super

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
~~~~~+= FACTS ABOUT MINECRAFT THAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW!=+~~~~~

The bow isnt accurate with the crosshair and the other way around.
The arrow goes to the bottom right of your crosshair (default pack).
You can fix this with this tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci