• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Getting into server problem

Peyton Kielar

Spectator
Reaction score
Every time I try to go into a surviaval games server it says that failed to verify username. I assume this has nothing to do with server but it is just the game being stupid. If anybody has a solution to this please respond, Thanks.

Hyrulekid

Survivor
Reaction score
Two things:
Have you bought Minecraft? (I assume that you did, because you would get a User not premium, if you hadn't, as far as I know)

How good would you yourself estimate your internet connection? Can you play any other games without lagging?

WARNING: I have not tried the thing I quote now, because I do not have any issues with my Minecraft or any servers, so you should make a backup of the hosts file before editing anything in it.

Might as well quote something from www.minecraftforum.net :

if you are still having this problem, you need to check your hosts file.

go to start > run
type in 'notepad %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts' (without the quotes)

look for a line with 'minecraft.net' or 'www.minecraft.net' and remove it & save the hosts file.

restart minecraft and you should be able to connect to servers.

It's this post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/114317-failed-to-verify-username/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci