• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forgotten Ridge (Revamp of Lost Ridge)

Should this map be added to the MCSG map rotation?

• Yes

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Yes, if changes were made (please comment!)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
Forgotten Ridge
Revamp of Lost Ridge
(Hopefully doesn't Crash Edition)

Permission to revamp this map has been given by the current owner of Team Elite.

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/?s0zyzk7hwg4gjc5

Modifications
The chests have all been relocated, tier 2s are in logical places. There are around 200 chests.
The world height has been drastically lowered, to avoid crashing (hopefully)
The ground has been changed from just greass to a mixture of grass and podzol
The forest sections has been totally changed to improve aesthetics and PVP.

Members of Team Elite at the time the original Lost Ridge was built:

Leaders :
  • Joshkey
  • life855
Officers :
  • lllKEZZERlll
  • juanhbk1
  • The_Soy_Man
  • Frondome
  • 2020ecoman
  • gepsutin
Builders :
  • Ikubi
  • 2020ecoman
  • maxlupus
  • Liam R
  • guggex8
  • sneeze7
  • GibboAssassin
Terraformers :
  • Aeruner
  • Hystericallify
  • ZenGardena
  • lllKEZZERlll
Redstoners :
  • DylanS
  • Gepsutin

In the spring of 2013, the map was accepted into the MCSG servers. Although the dense forest made PVP difficult, it was a beautiful map that was rightfully accepted into the servers. There was a problem though.

The map would crash 70% of the time it was played.

As people realized the problem the map had. It lay in waste, not getting voted in, until at some point it got removed from rotation.

The problem was that the height the map was set. For some reason it made the server it was being played on crash.

I don't know if they ever got it to work or not, but with simple MCEdit magic, I lowered the entire map so that the cornucopia was at around y:90 (it was y:165 before). This is around the same height as Alaskan Village so hopefully it doesn't crash. I then made modifications that improved the aesthetics and PVP.

Permission to revamp this map has been given by the current owner of Team Elite.

Last edited:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Only one comment after 15 days? D:

I think the map is amazing. I personally think the map won't get accepted, even when I'd love if it did, however I wish the best for the map c:

2020ecoman :3

SonicSplit

Career
Reaction score
I would love to see this map on again. I only played it once or twice but it was actually a pretty fun map ^_^

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
I would like to see this map back but I must say I am Glad you didn't take tons of credit for the fixes you made, because most people would be putting their name all over it etc. anyway the fixes seem to be great now we just have to wait to see if it will finally be added back!

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry folks, but I have to butt in a bit here. There is a little disagreement with some details of the map, and as such the leaders of Team Elite have requested that I move this thread until those details can be ironed out. Once that is done, I will move the thread back to the Finished Maps section.

juanhbk1 , please contact the leaders of TE Dave and kezzer1995 at your earliest convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci