• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fire disaster is really a lag disaster

Do you know Mr Laggy Fire Disaster?

• No, is he my teddy bear?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XxM0lTen_LaVAxX

Survivor
Reaction score
I am sure everyone is familiar with the lag that strikes everyone between 7:40pm and 8:20pm in quarter quell. This is our friend the fire disaster putting itself out. My quarter quell stats show I have won about 18 out of 78 games. If there was no lag that came with the fire disaster, my stats would show 18 out of 68.

What my question is for the staff of MCSG is Are there any possible solutions to this problem? If so then how long would it take to be fixed and when?

It would be great if someone could let me know and others if there is a solution to this problem. Please leave a comment if you do.

Thanks,

D

Damien // Teepwn

You could try turn animated fire off? I don't know how effective that would be but it's the first thing that sprang to mind.

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
There is no possible way of avoiding it, I believe. Is turning down your render so no part is visible a solution, though?

XxM0lTen_LaVAxX

Survivor
Reaction score
I think turning off animated fire is really the best way. It is lowered the lag for me during the fire disaster by at least 50%. Also killed some people who have frozen because of the lag from the fire disaster. Turning down render distance is another way but doesn't work as well as turning off animated fire.

Then there is the concept of turning off animated fire and having low render distance...

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm not a big QQ player, but I guess maybe it's the animations in OF? Turn animated fire off c:

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
PLOT TWIST that was intentional ;)
jokes... I think....

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Seeing as I dont play QQ much, I can't say a lot, but if the lag stayed specific to only the fire region, that would be great because it adds another challenge element to the playstyle of the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci