• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Explaining why the lag-back & block hit type glitch is occurring.

ThatDevAaron

Software Developer & Web Developer
Reaction score
Hello MCGamer Community, I am Aaron / Shprqness, a few days ago I noticed something which opened my eyes to why players have been experiencing the following things:

• When Running or Climbing a Ladder or Running over Slabs players will start getting rubber banded and, or lagged back.
  • When in a Fight with another player suddenly unable to hit said player.
this is due to MCGamer / MCSG having a plugin installed called No Cheat Plus, now, the average player may know what this is, some think of this as a Anti Cheat, and it is, but it is also a Cheat Blocker, yes, that is right, No Cheat Plus tries to stop users from cheating whenever it thinks they are cheating, some of these checks may be alerted when a user does something abnormally fast (I.E. Cheating), but it may also occur to legitimate users with a latency to the server or the server not responding properly.

MCGamer may have configured something incorrectly (NCP allows you to modify it via config and via source code as it is a OS Project) or tried to fork it and failed terribly, either way this issue does occur to everyone else using NCP as quite frankly, it is not the best.

(For you guys wondering, ncp was modified for hypixel to work alongside watchdog)

- Aaron.

NCP Project on Github: https://github.com/NoCheatPlus/NoCheatPlus

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
Bump so people can see this.
Also recommend posting this in the General discussions section, since almost no one will navigate to this section of the forum.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci