• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

HUB Donor perk - Survival server (future suggestion)

Do you want a future Survival server?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but not limited to donor

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

steeemR

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey!

I'm sure many of you here enjoy the occasional visit to Survival mode, even more so online and building, mining and surviving with others. I remember the Survival server being introduced but the activity was a bit too low to keep it running. I myself visited the server a couple of times but I remember that most of the visits was on duty as a moderator and whenever I went on there, there weren't loads of people on.

Now to the suggestion:
As a donor you get perks, such as joining a full lobby for example. Would it maybe increase the amount of donors if there was a donor exclusive survival server?

It would prompt people to buy donor rank, there wouldn't loads of trolls due to rank demand (less grief) and players wouldn't have to switch to another server to build some houses and mine some diamonds - 3 community enhancing reasons... or are they?
In this scenario the server would be very close to Vanilla but with e.g. Land claim and Economy plugins.

If we forget about the old survival server and focus only on this idea, do you think it would be enjoyable?

I know this is early on but I believe this could be an interesting discussion.

Would you play? Does this sound horrible? Would you change/add things about this idea? Would the donor demand be good or bad for the community? What plugins would be a dealbreaker?

ilyasia

Gold
Reaction score
Implementing a gamemode like Survival to a server that mainly has a community based on PvP doesn't really sound like a cool idea but I don't really know what others think about this.

steeemR

Diamond
Reaction score
Implementing a gamemode like Survival to a server that mainly has a community based on PvP doesn't really sound like a cool idea but I don't really know what others think about this.
Yeah, the largest part of the MCGamer community are players who are here for the PVP action, good point! Keep it up!

I was thinking this as more of a side part of the community and the idea behind it benig a Donor perk is so that the more devoted players would create a community in the server, although I don't think it would have any negative consequences since it might prompt players to get Donor in order to play, which makes it a more devoted server IMO.
Although I can feel that leaving out some players just because the can't/won't donate might be a bummer.

With regards to the above, as you said this is a mainly PVP-community so most of the players are on here för MCSG so the additional part as Survival games wouldn't decrease the amount of players since everyone has access to SG and that is probably the mode that will be played the most.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci