• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community suggestions: Game Changing Mutators

Are you excited for more mutators?

• Total voters

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Hello tributes!

As you know ChadTheDJ has announced #MCSG maker, and I wanted to go crazy and try come up with some possible mutators!

BUT WAIT! What are mutators?
Mutators are special features such as Grace Period, No daynightcycle etc. As Chad already said: many things are possible with this! Let's try come up with some cool features together, I will add the coolest and most original suggestions to this thread, so that hopefully Chad and the devs can see it quicker!

So here are some Mutators suggestions by me and the community of MCGamer:

- MCSGv1
Many veterans will agree that this needs to happen. MCSGv1 is how the the chests were tiered in the early days of MCSG, MCSGv2 being roughly how the tiring works now.

- Tier 3s
If MCSGv1 is a step back, then Tier 3s would be a step forward. Tier 3s were actually a thing for a short period of time, but they were removed quickly. These Tier 3s could randomly over write a Tier 2, and could possibly contain an iron sword, diamond gear and perhaps lava and water buckets.

- Savage
Savage would bring a couple of changes to the table; for example Fns having more charges. TNT hidden in Tier 2s that would auto explode when placed. Stuff like that.

- Hell
Kinda adding onto the Savage mutator; Water on maps gets replaced with lava, Fires would SPREAD. I think this would be a ton of fun!

- QQ Mode
Quarter Quell was a gamemodes on Mcgamer not so long ago, and wouldn't it be cool if it could return in the form of a mutator? I know it's laggy but it would be fun on maps like Valleyside.

- Toxics
Potions: obviously would be very cool. Potions such as Regen, Speed, strength would add a whole new layer of strategy to the game. They could be rare loot for Tier 2s (or Tier 3s). Not everyone likes Potions, but hey it's optional!

- Enchanting
For every player you kill you get one level, and Enchanting tables can be found in Tier 2s (or Tier 3s). Simple, but game Changing.

- Drunk
A constant Nausea affect would be put up on players, making games fun to both play and watch!

- Bermanent buffs
Any potion or side effect in minecraft permanently or partly permanent (for example only the first 5 mins). I think it would be interested to fight eachother with weakness for example.

- Build
As a mapmaker, I would love to be able to build something on an existing map. Maybe build a hut on top of the holiday resort light house, or make a Base during a clan battle? You could select certain blocks everyone would get (no bedrock or obsidian) at the start. You would also be able to break the blocks you place. Obviously this would have to be tweaked well as players might build inappropriate things, could camp or escape the map this way. But I think with some
Code and some rules this could be a very great mutator.

- Start kits
Give everyone a certain kit costumized by the hoster. Everyone would get the same kit to prevent unfair advantages.

So here are some suggestions! Comment with a name and description of the mutator, I will add the most original ones to the thread!

Have fun writing suggestions!
Stay awesome tributes!

~Sanders

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Also I wrote this on my phone, so rip spelling...

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Snaders you made this thread like a boss!
Loving it! :)

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
- Build
As a mapmaker, I would love to be able to build something on an existing map. Maybe build a hut on top of the holiday resort light house, or make a Base during a clan battle? You could select certain blocks everyone would get (no bedrock or obsidian) at the start. You would also be able to break the blocks you place. Obviously this would have to be tweaked well as players might build inappropriate things, could camp or escape the map this way. But I think with some
Code and some rules this could be a very great mutator.
That would be awesome, great ideas Sanders!

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Sanders Allow game creator to decide when deathmatch start by force starting it or by deciding the length of the normal match before the deathmatch.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Sanders Allow game creator to decide when deathmatch start by force starting it or by deciding the length of the normal match before the deathmatch.
You can already decide on the game length before deathmatch, using the "Game Length" mutator. :)

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
If these ideas were implemented, I'd be playing MCSG Maker nonstop. The only other thing (which isn't even a mutator) would be having all the old maps available to play as well (which I've already made a thread about).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci