• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Feedback: Would You Participate in a Solo SG Event?

Would You Participate in a Solo SG Event?

• Yes! I would be interested in participating in a SoloSG Event.

Votes: 30 96.8%
  • No! I would only be interested in participating in an event if it were regular MCSG.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Tributes!

With the winter break upon us, the Community Events Team has turned their attention towards starting the first series of official MCGamer in-game events. Taking inspiration from our dedicated playerbase, these events will be hosted, managed, and rewarded by MCGamer. We hope that this series of games will host exciting thrills, generous rewards, and earned authenticity for those who prove that they are the best among our community.

Having heard your responses to our previous Community Feedback thread about Teaming Limits (you all posted many great responses, by the way!), we were hoping that our first official MCG in-game event would be all about SoloSG. Not only will this give us a chance to show off our most underrated gamemode, but it also ensures a level of competitiveness that we hope to cultivate with our events. If we are to give away prizes for winning, we want to make sure the winner is the most competitive, skilled, and deserving of it as demonstrated by their performance in-game.

With that being said, we want to know whether people would still be interested in an MCG gaming event if it were a part of SoloSG, or if people would only be interested if it were part of team-allowed MCSG. Having an approximate count of participants would greatly help us plan for event management, logistics, and rewards.

Many of the details of the event are still yet to be announced, especially since much of it depends on the approximate count of participants we gain from the poll above. But here are the current guidelines for the event we hope to run:
  • Series of SoloSG games hosted during the winter break period (between Christmas and New Years week)
  • Official tournament style if sign ups are >24 players. A series of point-based games if sign ups are <24 players.
  • Participants must sign up ahead of time in order to reserve their spot in the games!
  • Staff and players alike are encouraged to participate!
  • Maps will be pre-selected and announced at the time of the event's announcement.
  • Reward for top prize: $20+, some additional non-monetary rewards such as custom titles or artwork.
  • Will be hosted on MCG, managed by MCG staff, and subject to MCG rules and decisions. That includes no teaming in SoloSG!

So with that being said, let us know in the poll above and maybe even a comment: Would You Participate in a Solo SG Event?

Already excited and want to sign up? Let us know in a comment with your Discord ID and Minecraft Account, and we'll put you on the notification list!

Lively_

Spectator
Reaction score
This is an awesome idea to kick-start a more involved community.

I'd definitely be interested in participating in these events if I wasn't so booked for the holidays. :)

Best of luck to those who do participate!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Will there be any supplementary aspects to the event?
If removing teaming, a part of the social element of the games/event(s) will be gone. Has the staff considered inviting moderators, clan figures, or special media guests to livestream or encourage participation?
Alternatively, is there any way to organize a social element on Discord without the unintentional creation of teams/truces/alliances?

Likely to be available during that time period, so I could possibly join.
@alexanderemmeth#9001 and 'Mooclan'

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
My schedule is subject to change, but I am interested in competing in this and future events. I am concerned about SoloSG events being a regular occurrence since I don't find SoloSG to be the best representation of an SG server due to the loss of a social and metagaming aspect of the game from the forbiddance of teams, but this makes for an occasional surprise to enjoy.

Discord: Pretty Yin Pink :sparkling_heart:#2563
IGN: NotYin

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
My schedule is subject to change, but I am interested in competing in this and future events. I am concerned about SoloSG events being a regular occurrence since I don't find SoloSG to be the best representation of an SG server due to the loss of a social and metagaming aspect of the game from the forbiddance of teams, but this makes for an occasional surprise to enjoy.

Discord: Pretty Yin Pink :sparkling_heart:#2563
IGN: NotYin
If it turns out that the event is not particularly fun or worthwhile, I probably wouldn't be ok with renewing it for another go, so SoloSG events would only be a regular thing if it turns out they are a hit success.

I definitely understand the desire for a variety of events, both casual and competitive! :)

IlicMaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Sounds great! I'd be willing to participate in these events!

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
I think events/tournaments should be hosted all the time. They don’t even have to have money prizes most of the time, ranks suffice. No prize tournaments should be the most common. Badlion had a pinned thread with all previous tournaments and winners, this could encourage people to participate if mcsg added this: https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/99707

Also, the events should be livestreamed. Clan events should be hosted with the help of the clan community. Personally I think decent money prizes should happen like twice a year, maybe once or twice in clans and once in solosg. I can’t see regular sg working out for tournaments.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Will there be any supplementary aspects to the event?
If removing teaming, a part of the social element of the games/event(s) will be gone. Has the staff considered inviting moderators, clan figures, or special media guests to livestream or encourage participation?
Alternatively, is there any way to organize a social element on Discord without the unintentional creation of teams/truces/alliances?
I definitely agree that a social element of the games is gone when doing SoloSG, but that's part of the reason we'd like to start with SoloSG: the simpler gamemode will be easier for us to organize and run with a staff who is still learning how events like these would run best given our circumstances. I think it's important for us to have smaller tournaments as we begin to learn and grow confident enough to do the 2020 Survival Games World Cup.
In the future, we already have some exciting ideas with fun social elements to explore (think Protect the President or a Designated Target mode).

For these first few events, we will encourage mods, clan figures, and partners to either participate as a player or livestream the games. We're also currently exploring a sort of, "commentator/streaming incubation" program where smaller streamers with talent can partner with us for exclusive VIP-level access to games in an effort to grow their channels and gain commentating experience without being a full VIP; that's not ready for prime time yet, but please know it's in the works.

I think events/tournaments should be hosted all the time. They don’t even have to have money prizes most of the time, ranks suffice. No prize tournaments should be the most common.

Also, the events should be livestreamed. Clan events should be hosted with the help of the clan community. Personally I think decent money prizes should happen like twice a year, maybe once or twice in clans and once in solosg. I can’t see regular sg working out for tournaments.
A wide variety of events is something we're beginning to work our way towards, and once we hit our stride I'd like to have at least one per month. That might actually even be do-able if cash prizes aren't required; we just don't have the income to justify $500 prize pools every month.
-----

Really appreciate everyone's interest and feedback. Hope to see some more interested parties signing up soon!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci