• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Building a pc

namespace

Tribute
Reaction score
900-1100 NZD
A little hard since it appears hardly any parts are available in NZ, at least for reasonable prices. This build is pretty good though; however I still recommend waiting for the Pascal launch:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Motherboard: Asus H81M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($112.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($78.00 @ Paradigm PCs)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($85.00 @ PC Force)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card ($319.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Case: Zalman Z3 Plus White ATX Mid Tower Case ($90.85 @ PB Technologies)
Power Supply: Corsair VS 550W ATX Power Supply ($89.00 @ 1stWave Technologies)
Total: $1072.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-08 01:04 NZST+1200

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok hi, I don't check these forums all that much so yeah I'm a little late to this one.

namespace's build is solid, pretty much the best you can have in terms of price to performance and FPS/$ at the moment.

My personal recommendations and improvements, however, are:
- This 4GB version of the 960 will be a little more future proof when it comes to future games that may/may not use more VRAM. Alternatively, here's another card to look at- it's an AMD card, but there's nothing wrong with AMD cards and technically speaking, they're better in terms of raw performance.

- You could also wait for Nvidia's Pascal series of GPUs to come out. They should be here soon and who knows, the 960 equivalent may pack more VRAM versus Maxwell, not to mention will likely be faster, cooler and more power-efficient than the current Maxwell architecture as well. There'll be an initial price premium (more $$$) given that they're new products, but if you can afford one, I'd say go for it.

- Get a cheap 120GB SSD to run your operating system and those 3 main games of yours on. Maybe get a Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD, they're like $70 on PCCaseGear. Significantly better startup times for Windows and any applications you store on it. I dare say no gaming PC is complete without an SSD these days.

- For a less "gamer"-esque case (that is to say, a case that isn't full of flashy LED lights) I recommend the Fractal Design Core 2500 for $89 or the NZXT S340 for $105. It's a matter of personal preference, but I see a lot of people nowadays opting for more subtle approaches to cases.

Apart from those little things, solid PC you're looking at if you consider the one namespace prepared for you. If you trust yourself to assemble the PC, I'd definitely recommend doing so- it doesn't cost nearly as much money as getting it built by someone else and in the process of building your PC you'll learn more about it and be able to make decisions in the future about upgrades with the knowledge of its inner workings.

Good luck! If you need to contact me to talk about it more, reach out to me on PCPartPicker as I'm more active there.

He sort of has a point, $1500 (AU) will get you a 6600K + GTX 970 build which will be a VERY solid PC for most games at the moment. That's about the price point you want to start at when considering a new PC unless you really don't have the money for such a PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci