• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Closed Bug: Invisible Block Climbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
When destroying boats or collecting wool one can abuse the fact that blocks cant be placed but still show for a second - You're able to climb 2-block high areas where one normally wouldnt be able to go to. This can especially be used to create shortcuts while chasing somebody but also to avoid large fall damage, etc.

Another issue is, that since you cannot place blocks and creepers won't give you dirt or such in an explosion, one cannot reach the chest that is hidden behind a small lava in a stone socket (above ground, rather small to spawn, you can see that chest in Bebops stream. If needed I will look it up)

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
Unfortunately, having ran a server myself for many months, I can't think of any way of stopping the block glitch. What happens is you place a block, that data gets sent to the server, the server denies the block place and data gets sent back to the client, where the block is removed (rather roughly). This takes time, and unless you can demand every single player has the highest-speed possible internet connection, I don't think this is easily to combat...

You could of course just stop sheep dropping wool and not allow boats to drop planks ;)

Arkandji

Tribute
Reaction score
you could still craft blocks I guess in case that bug is that game breaking and you really want to... Nonetheless I hope there is a way to fix it or change the rules on block placements.

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
Like I say, I don't think it's fixable - you just need to make your walls three blocks high - a problem with the current map, sure; but that's the only way I can think of fixing it.

K

Karoleigh

There is no way to fix this.

The walls will just have to be at least 3 blocks high. :p

iiCALLmeNOOBY

Career
Reaction score
There is actually no way to fix, even if you make the block somehow (idk any ways of doing it) go away faster lag will still allow you to jump up and over it.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah pretty much its impossible to block, but we can remove access being able to get blocks to place.

kpwn243

Administrator
Reaction score
We are implementing code to block being able to pick up or craft wool, planks, iron and diamond blocks. Any other blocks that can be broken, or scavenged that we need to add? Post them here!

Robbo905

Spectator
Reaction score
Would players be able to abuse this bug with ladders and vines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci