• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bring it back.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Seriously, I started enjoying MCSG again once they pushed out the beta for this update. I thought this was going to be taken down so it could be re-added, but to all the servers. However, I was wrong. Now, it is one of the main reasons I have kinda left MCSG. I really won't be playing much anymore, and still posting somewhat on the forums. The only changes I would make were to make it ENTIRELY version 1 chests rather than somewhat different chests. Yes, that would also mean removing tier 3's. However, this update is similar enough to MCSGv1 for me to be perfectly content with it. I have heard rumors that they are changing it so people like it better, which basically says that it will be a mix between MCSGv1 chests and MCSGv2 chests. That is not what I was going for with this, and I am sure a lot of people agree. But again, lots also disagree. I don't see why you don't just make half the servers with the Chest Update and half without it. And put a message in chat that appears every now in hub saying, "Servers _ through _ have the Chest Update!" or something along those lines. I think that sounds pretty fair doesn't it. If it were re-added, even if not to many servers, I would come back, full-time. But for now, the servers don't have the update, and I am pretty much gone from them, except on weekends if I get bored. It makes the game harder and more challenging, which is all I really want. That explains why I want mobs re-added as well. There is too much gear in MCSGv2 chests, and it is annoying. This isn't the PvP Games, it's the Survival Games. Plus, the nostalgia is cool as well, but that isn't really influencing why I want it back.

Last edited:

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't see what the hype is with v1. I think it's mostly built around nostalgia with MCSG, personally I like v2 better. I don't miss mobs at all, but wolves are still cool. Half of the items you find in chests are completely useless, and it didn't take advantage of the new updates.

Mobs will never come back. Ever. The devs did a poll, and the majority of users voted no, to bring back mobs. If we were to add them back, then we'd lose a great deal of users. Remember that server-hosting is a buisiness, and these are basically the devs' jobs. If we were to loes members, we'd also lose servers consequentally.

Speaking of members, the MCSG community has greatly increased since v1. That means we have to appeal to a larger community, but remember that there are two seperate communities, the forums, and the servers. Now we can't appease both, without upsetting the other. (Name one major update or change that was added where no one complained.)

Specific servers don't have the Chest Update because
  1. It takes time to manually insert the hundreds of servers with the update.
  2. Many members don't like the update, but some of them do. This provides the oppurtunity for both sides to play what they want.
Now remember kids, if the devs are doing something, they're either implementing a feature to see if the community likes it, or is appealing to the majority of MCSG users, not the forum community. Admittingly, the game is easier, but you'd get a lot of pissed off players if you make it harder. That being said, think of MCSG as a product, and we're all it's consumers. If the majority of consumers like the product the way it is, then it will stay the same. If some of them don't, then they manufacturers will try to experiment so everyone is happy.

Reaction score
No offence, but the Chest Update was bad, and they took it out to make improvements. It will return later, it's not a lost project.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Compasses can also be used for players with bad computers and therefore low settings; so they have a general idea where corn is. Also, it is useful for new players in general because they don't know the maps. Bones are useful for dying leather armor to intimidate others by making 'fake iron,' and for obtaining wolves, if they would add those back. Little arrows make every shot count and stops (at least in my opinion) annoying "Bow spammers" as they're called. 5 feathers per chest was just ridiculous, I don't even know why that was implemented, as no one needs that many feathers at all. Rotten flesh is kind of cool, because if you have no other food it can be a last ditch food that you need to eat to sprint for refill or even just a few tier 2's in hopes of food. Cakes could be re-added to chests because they are useful while being chased so you can eat quickly without getting hit and/or dying. 2 gold is cool because it makes it a bit easier to craft golden apples, because you now need 8 gold rather than just 1 to craft one. It's good that leather boots were taken out because they are equal to gold and chain boots, and it would be ridiculous that a tier 1 piece of armor would be equal to a tier 2 piece of armor.

I do agree, however, that some things could be different. For example, I think that fishing rods in tier 2's are unnecessary, and they should only be in tier 1's. And, I agree that clocks could be removed from tier 2's, now that the time for refill has been pushed a couple minutes later at night rather than directly after dusk. I think this because players with tiny render distance and couldn't see the sun would have to hurry and rush to corn if they saw the game getting dark, and if they were far from corn, it might cost them refill and the game (assuming these players don't know the /timeleft or /tl commands), but if they had a clock, they could see when the sun was soon to go down and prepare for refill and get near corn. Now, however, this might not be necessary anymore because they have and extra couple minutes to get there after they just see it's dark. Maps are another thing I wouldn't mind getting rid of, as they are really buggy. Sometimes, it will be the map of a completely different map, and sometimes it doesn't show where you are or where others with a map are. If they weren't so glitchy then they wouldn't be so bad, but I never liked them anyways and thought they weren't useful like a compass was.

Overall, I really liked the update and a lot of the items people take for granted because they aren't used to having them at all and just kinda take what was in the chests now. Sure, a lot of people might get mad, but again, they could just put a repeating message in chat saying which servers had the update and possible which did not, allowing you to choose what you want. That would be a way to make almost everyone happy, and have your analogy to MCSG as a product, and the players as they consumers. And if it makes mostly everyone happy, then the developers will keep it, and if not, then they will change it back, severely lowering the chances of me coming back to play on the servers full time ever again.

CrimsonRed

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
\2 gold is cool because it makes it a bit easier to craft golden apples, because you now need 8 gold rather than just 1 to craft one.\
I think the point of not having enough gold is to discourage players to craft it, and instead rely the golden apples from tier 2's since golden apples were too easy to get before.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
I believe that they took golden apples out of tier 2's and only put them in tier 3's. The chances you find a tier 3 are sort of small, and you might not even get one. If they did re-add them to tier 2's, then I wouldn't mind just littler amounts of gold.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci