• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

We been working hard by eliminating the unfair hacking on MCSG. I can say now we installed an auto detection system that kicks users for 60 seconds who are using the Better Sprint Mod and it is now impossible to use it on any of our servers. If you are getting kicked for Better Sprint Mod, please make sure you don't have the mod installed or install a new vanilla download.

1.7 sprinting is a new vanilla feature (not BSM!) and still will be allowed (aka will not auto kick for it). Somehow some youtubers stated "BSM is now in 1.7" but that isn't the case which caused a lot of confusion.

I reopened this thread to continue this debate for 2 reasons with 1 condition (Dave didn't consult me first):

1) I want us to hear the comments and users opinions based on this matter. Both positive and negative.

2) To educate our players why BSM has been a widely used mod where it made unfair advantages for other honest, competitive players following the rules with vanilla clients.

Note: Just in case you don't read the rules at MCSG/MCGAMER, BSM always has been not allowed on our system since day one of it's creation.

Yes we actually listen but you need to understand that we take no tolerance for hacking/cheating that has been ruining the game for people who are competing honestly. On one note, the state of our system will possibly be the only time where we are supporting 2 versions of Minecraft based on the update severity (aka tons of things changed in the vanilla game where we are slowly adapting to it). Yes, sprinting may be unfair to people using 1.7 clients for the people using 1.6, but by next week there should be craftbukkit release where we will be full 1.7 Minecraft loosing the 1.6 support to level everything out again. Once that happens and BSM is still removed, everyone will have the same sprinting. Saying you need Optifine in order to run Minecraft has been always OK but BSM still will not be allowed. We may reevaluate if BSM stays the same in 1.7, but if the author makes even more features to make it more unfair to vanilla 1.7 clients even with the new sprinting, then no.

Condition: If the flame wars continue that provide no necessary additions or constructive criticisms to this topic, I will re-lock the thread.

TL : DR - Take 2 minutes of your time and read what I had to say.

Last edited:

PiixL

Career
Reaction score

We been working hard by eliminating the unfair hacking on MCSG. I can say now we installed an auto detection system that kicks users who are using the Better Sprint Mod and it is now impossible to use it on any of our servers. If you are getting kicked for Better Sprint Mod, please make sure you don't have the mod installed or install a new vanilla download.
Question, how does it detect the difference between BSM and 1.7 sprint?

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If this works with BSM, could it also work with other illegal mods, or even hack clients?

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
I'm sort of scared of playing a game...

I don't want the system to wrongly detect me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci