• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Are we allowed to increase F.O.V.?

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So as you all know in Minecraft you can change your F.O.V., the max is Quake Pro, unless you go in to the options folder, where you can change it to whatever you want If your F.O.V. is on quake pro, next to the F.O.V.: it will say 1.0, if its on normal it will say 0.0 if it's on 90 it will say 0.5, I currently have mine on 1.8 which means my fov is a lot higher than quake pro...just wondering if this was allowed :p

TheInforcerHD

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes I'm pretty sure it's allowed as it doesn't give you an advantage over others rather personal preference.

Canziano

District 13
Reaction score
Makes it brighter which is like giving you night vision so I'm guessing it's not allowed maybe it is?
Yeah, I got banned for using it cause they thought it was nodus' full brightness, but I explained that I changed the gamme in my options folder and got unbanned so I am very confused with that.

Btw, I tried 1.8 fov and ARE YOU CRAZY!! So weird to play like that

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, I got banned for using it cause they thought it was nodus' full brightness, but I explained that I changed the gamme in my options folder and got unbanned so I am very confused with that.
Maybe they are just confused they should try it out for themselves and see if it improves play in any aspect.
P.S. if you increase your F.O.V like this, 1.1 on monday, 1.2 on tuesday and so on, but stop at like 2.o, then it becomes unplayable, and also once you play on quake pro you can NEVER go back to normal it just makes me feel so nooby and unable to pvp...

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Anything that is in the vanilla Minecraft options (optifine aswell since that's allowed) is allowed to be utilized in-game.

Gamma is also allowed as long as you change the setting on your computer not a Minecraft mod.

I think..

Canziano

District 13
Reaction score
Anything that is in the vanilla Minecraft options (optifine aswell since that's allowed) is allowed to be utilized in-game.

Gamma is also allowed as long as you change the setting on your computer not a Minecraft mod.

I think..
That is what I'm thinking too.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That is what I'm thinking too.
but gamma, its basically the SAME as fullbright though...
Hey canziano, sorry to be asking this in this thread as it seems a bit irrelevant but do you know when you change your signature, i want to put a picture as my signature but I don't know how, I have tried copying and pasting and it's not working...
P.S. Im a nub :oops:

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Anything that gives an unfair advantage is classified as illegal.
Gamma is probably not allowed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci