• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A List of Choke Points (Add On!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! Today I'm listing as many choke points as I can.
What are choke points?
Choke Points are any area where a player has a huge advantage over another. Imagine waiting at the end of a parkour course while a player comes after you. If they fail, they are at a bad disadvantage. If they are successful, you can just knock them off and probably kill them. Choke points are good to know and can be very useful when fighting teams or some types of hackers.

If you have any choke points that I missed, please tell me about them. Give me the map name. Try to describe a nearby structure or landform, or just give me the co-ords. Screenshots are appreciated :)

The red arrows represent where you are supposed to push the player.
Okay, here we go...

Knock the player off the ladder. Simple!

Here, you have a double tier 2. If people come up, you can easily knock them off the parkour.

Another ladder parkour choke point.

The most popular Alaskan Village choke point.
Here, you can just hit them off the ladder, simple, but hard to pull off.

You can also do it up here:
Sorry for the HUD.
Here, there is a long jump, but there are ladders on both sides. If you find a team rushing you, knock the first one off and then kill the next one.
Try to get to this choke point if you and your pursuers have some distance to spare.
A bit hard to pull off, but it works. You can also choke point the ladder inside, but it's more risky.

If you find yourself up here, and a full iron guy is coming, beat him off! It's very satisfying.
The barn is underestimated. There is a tier 2 on the roof, and the vines serve as an annoyance choke point.

I once watched a guy kill a team of three like this. It's very effective.
Solar Frost choke points are a bit of a stretch, but they put you at an advantage.

Pull the simple "hide around a corner and surprise them" attack.
Turbulence has a ton of choke points.

The first is the helicopter. It is a great damage builder.

Oh, and if that wasn't enough, you can defend yourself while you're at the double tier 2:

Here, you can either break the leaves or hit any close players off.

On another side of the building, you can jump off and get a double tier 1. You can hit players off into the gap between buildings.

The barn is a bit tricky to pull off, but it gives a lot of fall damage.
This could possibly be the birth of choke points. Hit them off the ladder. If you are fighting a team, place an invisible fire on the iron bars.

This is a simple one. Give them some damage, then knock them off with a fist of fury.
Note that you may need to guard the other entrance to this place as well.
This one's pretty simple to understand.

If you go into the plane, always make sure any late players are out of the picture.

Thanks for reading! Please add on to this list, and leave a like if you enjoyed!

Last edited:

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
A few choke points that I use commonly are;

- Holiday Resort, the helicopter, jumping off with a boat.

- SG Highway, off the sky scraper with the tier 2, jump into the water with a boat.

- Solar Frost, the lava parkour, simply make it over and punch them off.

- Chernobyl 2015 - A very risky one, through the tunnel there is a room you can lock from one side. If you can lure them in and get round them to lock the door you are all set.

Sorry, don't have screenshots..

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A few choke points that I use commonly are;

- Holiday Resort, the helicopter, jumping off with a boat.

- SG Highway, off the sky scraper with the tier 2, jump into the water with a boat.

- Solar Frost, the lava parkour, simply make it over and punch them off.

- Chernobyl 2015 - A very risky one, through the tunnel there is a room you can lock from one side. If you can lure them in and get round them to lock the door you are all set.

Sorry, don't have screenshots..
Thanks for the additions! However, the first two I'm going to save for an upcoming thread about Boat Kill areas.
I don't really know what you mean with the Chernobyl one. Is it the area with all the levers, the tier 2, and the double tier 2?

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Thanks for the additions! However, the first two I'm going to save for an upcoming thread about Boat Kill areas.
I don't really know what you mean with the Chernobyl one. Is it the area with all the levers, the tier 2, and the double tier 2?
Yeah, there is a second room straight on from the entrance, you open the door with a level run around the big circle, and close to the door behind you as you come out the door. They are stuck.
Problem is, if they are a decent player they will just lock you in as you run into the room.

K

KiDD

Hey, this is pretty cool. Some choke points here that I was not aware of. I'll have a chance against that next 5 team I face on SG Highway. ;~;

asdffish

Diamond
Reaction score
On SG4 three big choke points are on top of construction, on top of the radio tower and on the building next to the old burning building. (You jump on it from the building and land with maybe 3-5 hearts and it's easy to finish them off or rod them back to their death.)

On Holiday Resort the top of the crane by the ferris wheel is a great choke point that's hard to break unless they have a large team who know what they're doing

On TSG2 there are two of the best choke points. Both of these are in the village. One is a small building near the exit on the opposite side of the train tracks that requires parkour to get up on and you can easily rod or bow them off if they try to get to you.
The other is a little harder to explain but arguably the best choke point in mcsg at the moment. You climb up the mountain near the end of the train tracks by the village then walk over until you're over a building. The roof has four ramps going into the middle with fences at the top of each one. If you jump down onto this choke point you will land with 3 hearts maximum if you're in full iron and land in the exact right spot. I saw somebody take on a 5 team of skilled players using this choke.

On Turbulence there is a ladder up the stairs from spawn. Climbing this ladder and doing some simple parkour leads you to the top of a control tower. Getting hit off of this will kill and if you really need to escape one side has a cobweb you can jump down onto to avoid fall damage.

xXHoneyDripperXx

Platinum
Reaction score
Very nice. I use most of these, you missed a few on Sg4, the one right off of spawn, and on Zone 85 where theres a ladder facing south I believe. All the way by the edge.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
On SG4 three big choke points are on top of construction, on top of the radio tower and on the building next to the old burning building. (You jump on it from the building and land with maybe 3-5 hearts and it's easy to finish them off or rod them back to their death.)

On Holiday Resort the top of the crane by the ferris wheel is a great choke point that's hard to break unless they have a large team who know what they're doing

On TSG2 there are two of the best choke points. Both of these are in the village. One is a small building near the exit on the opposite side of the train tracks that requires parkour to get up on and you can easily rod or bow them off if they try to get to you.
The other is a little harder to explain but arguably the best choke point in mcsg at the moment. You climb up the mountain near the end of the train tracks by the village then walk over until you're over a building. The roof has four ramps going into the middle with fences at the top of each one. If you jump down onto this choke point you will land with 3 hearts maximum if you're in full iron and land in the exact right spot. I saw somebody take on a 5 team of skilled players using this choke.

On Turbulence there is a ladder up the stairs from spawn. Climbing this ladder and doing some simple parkour leads you to the top of a control tower. Getting hit off of this will kill and if you really need to escape one side has a cobweb you can jump down onto to avoid fall damage.
SG4:

Holiday Resort:
What crane? Sorry, I normally go south, and I don't really pay attention to the actual structures.

TSG2:
I guess you should screenshot this one because
1) I am not familiar with 70% of TSG2
2) I think that it's the worst out of the TSGs (just personal reasons, sorry), so I've never taken the time to fully explore it.
Sorry :|

Turbulence
Just figured this out, I thought I was the first one :) I will add it.

Very nice. I use most of these, you missed a few on Sg4, the one right off of spawn, and on Zone 85 where theres a ladder facing south I believe. All the way by the edge.
SG4:
You're right that these are choke points, but I'm trying to only include ones that will rack up some good damage.

Zone 85:
Thank you, I will add that.

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
Some main ones on SG4:

Off of the hidden temple thing on the mountian side
Off of the crane in the construction site next to the train line
Off of the ladder on the side of the building near the gravel trap
Off of the ladder from #3 leading up to the top, top of the building

Screenshots (From a different server because I couldn't find an SG 4 in-game) http://imgur.com/xK6roRg,sHEvllC,FtOHZog,neja8Pu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci