• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A Forums Contest

Zado

Platinum
Reaction score
Will you be putting the winning story on the front page post?

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
ok time to start the competition ;) btw i spent a long time on this and i hope everyone appreciates it :)

The Hell Games

A story by ferno33

(I’m not sure if I can count this as a mcsg experience but nonetheless it was hosted by mcsg so personally I think it does.)

It was a week since Eshan had finished the Hell Games 2. He announced that Hell Games 3 would be posted within the month, I had helped out in the previous 2 competitions and when I heard Team Elite where going to host it I thought it was my big time to apply. I sat on the forums constantly for the week until it finally appeared. The application thread.

I was not as swift to apply as my fellow competitors but nonetheless I applied within the first 5 pages and was accepted within an hour. It took 3 days until the next major announcement had emerged.

The announcement read that with the amount of players applying that there would be a vote for who would be able to participate. This was when my heart crumbled. Only 3 people would make it through their voting thread out 10. I knew I might get some votes from my friends and some team elite members but I knew that I was defiantly not going to end top with Nethrians owner _Zex99_ being in my draw.

A week past and after begging to so many people on many a TeamSpeak and also at the same time inviting more and more people to the mcsg community from other servers I had somehow got through my draw in 3rd place with only 2 more votes than 4th.

For the rest of the week I had gone through some extensive training with Nitride and the US Rebels and it seemed to improve me as a player since I needed all the help I could get.

4 days after the finalized members where chosen I got a PM on the forums, which read “District 5 partners” now I was not drawn as a career but none the less I didn’t think the district number mattered. I was then introduced to a person I have never met before but was apparently a former (which kinda got my hopes down) but none the less I thought some of my PvP “pro” skills could rub off on he/she, My partner was none other than Duckluv321, I played only a single game with her leading up to the event since the time gap was enormous and it was hard for me to find a time we could play and time went on like a bullet until 3 days later the event began.

8pm, the Hell Games was ready to start, Gibbo was ready to stream and the contestants were thirsty for blood. Despite giving my Duckluv the encouragement she needed before the Hell Games it was I that was nervous before the event. I kept switching between run for corn or peg it as the countdown commenced.

Then the games began. Despite telling Duckluv to run for it she disobeyed me and ran and got a chest, which was very useful indeed, as I myself had collected 2 tier 2 chests from the center acquiring a sword, a bow with 12 arrows, some food and a chain chest plate and pair of chain boots. We then proceeded to leg it away from the corn little did we know that Edog (current World #2) perused me and Duckluv but with a steady hand I slayed Edog and ran away from all the other killings which where happening.

Time passed and after camping on top of the biggest hill we could find we where sponsored many an item including a stone axe for Duckluv and some leather armor for us to share and oddly enough a creeper head..

We then ran out of our camping spot to see if we could take out either Gravey4rd (current world #1) or _Zex99_ or Gcb who where currently whipping out the competition with ease. We eventually found both of our targets eliminating each other. It was close to nighttime of the first day and refill was soon upon us, I Told Duckluv to avoid confrontation with Zex and Gcb but because our Skype call was lagging and then timed out, she did not here my plea and continued to pursue them alone, Not knowing where she had went I was worried and as soon as the cannon fired and I heard her type in chat “sorry ferno :(“ I knew it was all on me.

I tumbled my way through the map anxiously looking for the corn as the map looked symmetrical as such. I arrived there on the ding of the refill and picked up a diamond helmet and a steak but as reliable as always Zex and Gcb appeared and pushed me out of corn but to my amazement I found gravey4rd and eliminated him knowing that one of my advisories was dead. Later on Zex and Gcb went on yet another killing spree taking out Kosmish and her Truce-mate until only 4 remained, Me, Zex, Gcb and surprisingly to everyone who was watching the stream, HalfSquirrel. Both HalfSquirrel and me knowing that Zex and Gcb where teamed we knew we had to work together to defeat the troublesome duo. But as time went on I could not find HalfSquirrel I thought to receive a second refill upon the eve of the second day, as I arrived early to the refill I realized they where just about to announce it and quite cheekily I stole the game makers “troll” refill of just pumpkin pie around 2 times before they called me out which did not help my situation since Gcb and Zex where not far away but the game makers told me to stop which alerted Gcb and Zex who pounced like panthers onto me where only the scream of “help they are behind me” was all I could do to hope halfsquirrel could help me. But alas nothing happened, the chase went on for half of a day before I could confront them and I almost finished of Zex but my arrows where glitched and I could not finish him off before Gcb ran to save his teammate, I tried furiously to Katniss Everdeen them fools but it did not work, I had chased them long enough for halfsquirrel to receive the 3rd and final refill before I made my last stand but I failed and I died. I waited and hoped halfsquirel could make a stand but Gcb and Zex made short work of him and Zex became the well deserved winner of the Hell Games 3!

Even though I could not enter a podium finishing spot I had the greatest experience of my mcsg career and without this competition I would never have go the confidence to play better at mcsg and become a great player.

-Ferno33

Shout outs to :

HalfSquirrel – congrats on getting to DM

_zeX99_ - well done you deserved to win :)

duckluv321 – the best partner I could have hoped for

And everyone else who partook in the Hell Games 3
Awww dangit! I had actually thought of using my Hell Games 2 experience! You beat me to using that idea! D:

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
Well I'm actuall a really good writer when it comes to writing Italian stories and such.. But writing an English one will take me a while and I'd have to think about some really cool story, and I have no idea of what I could write right now, but maybe I'll try it later this week, just for fun :3

Good luck to all the ones who are gonna be writing stories :):)

LeeTeayeon

Survivor
Reaction score
"The Journey to become a Moderator"

The first day I used my money to buy the game, called "Minecraft" made
me a new goal, MCSG gave me everything...
Excitement, Friendship, Love and Respect.

It was a normal day, just playing few survival games,
then I seemed to realize there are lots of people who are getting in to a fight.
After this thing called hacks were introduced to me, I needed to help people who are
going through hard times, fighting hackers, getting abused and more.
---
I started by stopping fights, recording hackers and stopping problems,
I was browsing on the forums then I saw "Volunteer as a Staff" , that's
when the whole journey started.
---
I started writing the application, thinking carefully every sentence I
wrote, describing best with my instincts and the reason of
giving back what MCSG gave to me. It wasn't long before I submitted a map, and in
a flash of a second there was red tag called "Declined".
---
I read the reason, it needed more details, I was writing, writing, writing...
Then I realized on my 7th application, I needed to give up.
During these 7 applications i tried my best, went through tough times.
This day, I went on Team Speak and I asked Shelby a question,
I told her "Shelby, Community says to give up on becoming a moderator to me,"
Then Shelby whispered to me "Try it one more time,"
That's when I made my first step.
---
It took exactly seven days of hard work to write the app,
I remember watching Tomhawk's mod app guide at least
20 times. I described everything that I could possibly think of,
every situations. One click, "I submitted my app"
---
After 4 days, I finally saw a different colour of a tag on my app, called "Pending",
It blew my mind, I finally made my first step. Exactly after 3 days of waiting
it was stage of "Interview", I ran home from school, and I was waiting in the "Waiting Room"
Non stop, In a day I got my first interview.
---
After 30 minutes I was declined, but I learnt from my failure, I wrote my apps
then I was declined. I realized one thing, I was lying about my age.
I went to Team Speak straight away, and I talked to Draco for a long time,
after this long time he said I could apply again in "Age Exception",
---
I regretted, since the day I made the mistake, my mod apps were declined
14 times, I learnt from my failure, I am still walking on the path to become a moderator,
I made mistakes though I found hope and my hope is still going.

Last of all Thank You Shelby/LadyOfLove.

Last edited:

Lululioness

Career
Reaction score
I'm going to give this a shot, I have a few things to tell c: It'll probably be terrible because I'm only halfway through year 8, but oh well xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci