• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.8 Spectating mode

Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Potato

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
It will be implemented with 1.8I believe.

However, coding something like that with current Bukkit API would be glitchy as far as I know.
Actually, I dont think so.

With the way spectator mode works, once you're in it you can fly through walls etc etc, showing things (such as map map secrets) and is possible to escape the map.

Thats another reason, the BukkitAPI at this moment is buggy and I dont see any time soon where Bukkit will update to 1.8, they're still at 1.6

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
Actually, I dont think so.

With the way spectator mode works, once you're in it you can fly through walls etc etc, showing things (such as map map secrets) and is possible to escape the map.

Thats another reason, the BukkitAPI at this moment is buggy and I dont see any time soon where Bukkit will update to 1.8, they're still at 1.6
I mean Minecraft spectator mode. You can simply keep locking it at players position or so? But I havent tested it so yeah.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I mean Minecraft spectator mode. You can simply keep locking it at players position or so? But I havent tested it so yeah.
Its basically a hack, you can fly through walls, teleport to players (with a GUI) and stuff, just a bit unfair IMO.

Personally I dont want it added.

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
Its basically a hack, you can fly through walls, teleport to players (with a GUI) and stuff, just a bit unfair IMO.

Personally I dont want it added.
Oh okay. Still locking a player to see the same as otger might be possible but, I find it fine as it is at the moment.

Hockeyfan837

Tribute
Reaction score
It would be cool, but I personally like spectating from the air. I like having the freedom to fly around and spectate, plus if you were spectating a fight from a player's perspective and the player lost sight of his/her opponent, you would lose sight too, making you miss the fight. That's just my opinion though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci